The MAN Lion´s Explorer body range incorporates highest safety standards, complying with all the SABS compulsory standards relating to safety.
- Body roll-over structural strength, seat strength and anchorage, as well as emergency exit requirements
- H7 (high intensity) headlights, fitted as standard to all Lion’s Explorer bodies, enhancing safety and night-driving capability
- The wider pneumatically operated passenger door with large glass panels for improved driver curb-side visibility and styling. The entrance has adequate passenger handrails and non-slip flooring which will help improve passenger boarding and alighting from the bus. An out-swing step can also be fitted to reduce the first step height to 300mm (optional extra).
- All doors are interlinked to the park brake as an additional safety feature.
- In addition to the EBS 5 braking system, a retarder or intarder (depending on the chassis model) is a standard fitment on all MAN HB bus chassis, ensuring that all the chassis braking safety standards are exceeded.