Ideally equipped in every situation: Buses made by MAN are optimally equipped for your operations in every regard. Axles ideal for the area of service are installed in the buses.
Portal axle (rear axle)
As the driven axle, MAN installs for instance a MAN-ZF portal axle with differential offset to the left.
- Less installation space required due to planetary design of the driven axle
- Lower floor heights in the area of the rear axle due to special design of the portal axle (lowering of the weight-optimised axle support and side-mounted differential)
Hypoid axle (rear axle)
In addition to the portal axle, on some MAN buses a maintenance-friendly MAN hypoid axle is also used as the driven axle.
- Less wear and high drive torque due to larger gear surfaces
- Minimum power loss and low running noise
- Low weight and high payload
Rigid axle (front axle)
Rigid axles as front axles are fitted with disc brakes.
- Rugged and agile
- Increased driving safety and significantly reduced body movements
- Higher comfort
Independent suspension: Extremely comfortable independent suspensions are available for touring and intercity coaches.