Comfortable workplace for long-haul pilots
Professional drivers expect to have a comfortable workplace particularly on long intercity journeys and bumpy road sections. Because this is the only way that drivers remain fully concentrated at all times and are always in control of their vehicle. The cockpit of the MAN Lion's Regio line was therefore optimally matched to drivers' individual needs. The cockpit gives an uncluttered and well structured effect, the controls are easy to reach. The centre is occupied by the ellipsoid instrument panel with large, chrome-ringed analogue instruments,. By using the centrally positioned driver's information display, drivers can quickly and conveniently retrieve vehicle data with onboard diagnosis. The ergonomic driver's seat is also comfortable with an integrated lumbar and side-support system (IPS).
Many other details were also thought of in the design of the interior: for instance a driver's microphone integrated in the backrest is part of the standard equipment just as are numerous stowage options for personal belongings. Furthermore, climate control for the driver's section is separate from the interior. As an option, half-height partitions, a full-height transparent rear panel or a full driver's cab with hinged door can be installed — a workplace perfectly made for intercity journeys.
Overview of highlights:
- Ergonomic driver's seat with IPS support
- High operating convenience and ideal overview
- Driver's microphone integrated in backrest
- Chrome-finished instrument panel with easy-to-read instruments
- Easily readable display for onboard diagnosis
- Multiple oddments trays and stowage compartments for the driver
- Roof and convector heaters as well as air conditioning system adjustable from the cockpit
- Separate climate control for the driver's workplace
- Separation of the cockpit from the passenger compartment
- Electrical control of the roller sunblinds for windscreen and driver’s side window